Monday, December 17, 2012

Coron Escapade: Mi Casa Lodge

Amid the Holiday stress and countless school reports, not to mention my full time day job, I was lucky to be able to squeeze in a quick trip to another paradise island in Palawan -- CORON!

It was really a last minute trip so there's no time to prepare anymore. I just google-d "hotels in Coron" and got a pageful of recommendations from different blogs and review sites. I clicked the first link and was immediately impressed with the photos of Coron Eco Lodge.

I excitedly called them up only to find out that they're already fully booked. The lady on the other line was kind enough to offer her help in finding our accommodation in Coron. She told me to wait for her call while she contact some other hotels and inns in town. A few minutes after, she texted me that she already booked us at Mi Casa along with the mobile no. of what she said is one of the newer inns in the area.

The following day, I found myself in front of Mi Casa Lodge.


The lodge opened last year and from then on, it had become a favorite among backpackers, families, friends and lovers who prefer a comfortable yet affordable accommodation in Coron.


I love that there are lounge chairs available on each floor. This one's taken on the second floor where our rooms are located. On the third floor is the roof top where you can star gaze or have an all-night chikahan session.


There are only a few rooms (less than 10 if I remember correctly) available in Mi Casa Lodge named after gemstones: Amethyst at Php1,600 per night (good for 2), Diamond at Php2,300 per night (good of 2), Garnet at Php1,500 per night (good for 2), Sapphire at Php2,500 per night (good for 3), Sardonyx at Php2,200 per night (good for 3) and their biggest room which is the Ruby Room at Php4,250 per night that can accommodate up to 6 adults.

Sapphire Room

The room was clean and comfortable. Aside from the air-conditioning, they also installed a ceiling fan if you prefer the natural breeze. The bathroom had hot and cold shower, the sink comes with a sensor (I had to wait for the water to come out though) but if I may, I would like to suggest some minor improvements like having a wider sink (extra room for my kikay kit) and a softer and bigger towel. It's hard as it is to use a small towel but it's even harder when the towel can barely dry my hair and body.


We woke up early the following day to have breakfast before catching our flight back to Manila. The receptionist asked us to choose from their breakfast menu the night before so they can prepare them ahead of time.

So early that it was already cold when it was served to us.

Bangus + Sinangag + Itlog = Bangsilog

Tapa + Sinangag + Itlog = Tapsilog

Good thing Yakult was available (for sale of course) to save the day!


~o~o~o~

Mi Casa Lodge
National Highway, Barangay 1
Coron, Palawan, Philippines
Tel.: (63919) 910-1010 / (63926) 320-7717

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...