Monday, November 5, 2012

An Almost Perfect Night at Golden Bay Restaurant

Remember this post last year about Golden Bay Restaurant's 50% promo on all Dimsum which I felt so bad not sharing with you sooner? Well, I am delighted to tell you that its back!

We were driving along Macapagal Avenue when I saw 50% discount and the words DIMSUM in the streamer just above Golden Bay's gate. So the following day, I told DB about it and he agreed to have a Dimsum feast as our early dinner.



I asked for the Dimsum menu as soon as we were seated and immediately returned the ala carte heavy-as-an-encyclopedia-hard-bound menu to the waitress as I am sensing DB's disapproval since I can't stop looking at the live lobsters in the aquarium. It had at least 60+ items ready to fill in your hungry tummy.


While we were waiting for our orders, the waitress gave us this sweet and spicy peanuts which I liked very much! DB was teaching me how to do it at home but I was so busy munching it I never understood a thing he said. I can multitask most of the time but never when eating. Its a ME thing.


We finished a plateful of these yummy peanuts just in time when the waiter arrived pushing a trolley with all our orders on it!


Chilled Pig Knuckles - Php72.50

Spare Ribs Taosi - Php64.00

Siao Long Pao - Php66.00

Malay Cake - Php64.00

Asado Rice Roll - Php69.00

XO Radish Cake - Php72.50

LOTS of XO sauce!

Glutinous Rice with Chicken (Sticky Rice) - Php64.00

Everything was delicious that we barely spoke until we were both satisfied and full. I especially liked the Siao Long Pao and the Spare Ribs Toasi that I had to order another round of both! DB insisted we order dessert so I asked the waitress for the Dimsum menu for the third time. There were only 4 items listed on the dessert section, one was out stock and I wanted to try something new aside from the usual Mango Pudding so we had these.

Sweet Green Beans - Php69.00

Sweet Glutinous Pearls - Php72.50

And boy, oh boy, it was the worst dessert we had in a long time! My Sweet Glutinous Pearls tasted like rotten paste, well I haven't actually eaten rotten paste before this but that was what came to mind when I first tasted it. DB's Sweet Green Beans was no better either! It was the first time I saw him really upset over dessert and literally spit the food out of his mouth (I apologize for being too graphic but I wanted to give you an idea just how bad it was!).

The promo is still on-going and I highly recommend you to go and try to eat as many Dimsum as you can. Just stay away from the desserts and I assure you that you're in for a treat!

~o~o~o~

Golden Bay Restaurant
Block A2 CBP,
Diosdado Macapagal Blvd.
Pasay City, Philippines
Tel.: (632) 556-7525 to 7527

1 comment:

  1. Wow, price isnt so bad. Nakakaintimidate ang exterior so we have not tried it before. Im gonna give it a try soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...