Friday, August 3, 2012

Boon Tong Kee in Manila

I first saw Boon Tong Kee a couple of months back when I was craving for frozen yogurt and went to Red Mango at the Mall of Asia only to find out that its already closed. And then just recently, I came across the Chuvaness blog and learned that another Singaporean franchise has found its way to Manila with its first branch on the same spot where Red Mango was.



This is actually our second time here in a span of 5 days! We went on a Sunday night the first time and we had to wait for about 10 minutes since we want to be seated inside the restaurant. While waiting, the waitress handed us the menu and confidently answered all our questions about Boon Tong Kee's offerings. I like that the staff are very knowledgeable and so friendly.

The second time was on a weekday so we didn't have to wait to be seated on the same table we were given the first time. I must commend though, I've never seen nor experienced the great service they have in BTK. Kudos to all of you!

What we ordered

Prawn Salad (Regular) - Php295.00

I first thought the waitress brought the wrong order thinking it was dessert! One order comes with 3 huge deep-fried crunchy prawns with light mayo, diced dragon fruit, sprinkles and a cherry on top.


Sweet and Sour Pork - Php245.00

I only agreed ordering this because I know how much DB loves it. I never really liked dry Sweet & Sour Pork before but this version by Boon Tong Kee changed my mind! Its mildly sweetened and I like the idea of putting mangoes that gave the sour flavor. Its so unique and delicious!


All the ingredients that they use here are imported from Singapore, even the rice.

Plain Rice - Php45.00


Boon Tong Kee uses ginger puree instead of the usual combination of oil and fresh squashed ginger like most restaurants do.


Hainanese Chicken (Half) - Php425.00

Twice in a row and I still can't believe I finally have a go-to place for my favorite Hainanese Chicken. DB said its like they mastered the art of cooking the chicken -- its tasty and tender but not overcooked at all.


I was giving DB a disapproval look but he was very insistent on ordering Mango Sago for dessert. I've read bad reviews about their dessert so I was telling him that we can go to the nearby Sebastian's if he really wants something sweet. I had a spoonful of this and for some strange reason, it tasted like your regular banana con yelo. I still prefer Luk Foo's version where they use fresh mangoes.

Mango Sago - Php145.00

If you're looking for quality Hainanese Chicken at affordable price, this is the best place to go!

~o~o~o~

Boon Tong Kee
SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel.: (632) 804-2862

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...