Monday, December 12, 2011

Macau in One Day

From Hongkong, we decided to proceed to Macau directly from the airport in order to make it to our appointment. Ferry tickets are handily available at the Hongkong International Airport Terminal 2. Just make sure that you give your baggage tags (if you have any) to the staff so they can get your bags from the airline and load it to the ferry.


What's more convenient? SkyPier is just a train-ride away from the airport.

At the SkyPier waiting for boarding.

TurboJet departs every 15 minutes to Macau from 0700H to 2359H daily. Economy class fare on a weekday service is HKD151 or around Php900.

Economy class with very comfortable seats and spacious leg room. I wonder how the VIP cabin looks like.

As soon as I felt that we were moving, I put my eye mask on and went to sleep. My thirty-minute nap was interrupted when the ferry finally docked at the terminal. After the appointment, I suggested we go to Senado Square to have my favorite street food and visit Ruins of St. Paul for the nth time. There's something about this place that I would never get tired of visiting over and over again.


One of the two original stores that we frequent whenever we are in Macau.


The choices are overwhelming. I wanted to get them all!







But it can only fit some.

Patiently waiting for our meal.

Its dinner time! A big bowl of sausages, squid balls, golden mushroom,
fish balls, beef balls with cheese and mozzarella balls. Yum!

After resting a bit, we walked again to have a look at Ruins of St. Paul before heading back to Hongkong.

Along Senado Square where you can buy souvenirs and pasalubong.
My favorite? Almond cookies and Beef jerky.

Ruins of St. Paul -- Worth the 30-minute ferry ride, about 15-minute standing in the bus
and 10-minute walk from the bus station not including getting lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...