Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cafe by the Ruins

Considered an institution in Baguio City, Cafe by the Ruins used to be a part of an old government building turned garden theater turned residence. The extensive menu features organic and local ingredients from Cordillera region.

Rustic and old setting


The place was packed with tourists and locals alike so our orders began arriving 30 minutes after. I should have asked for my favorite Camote Bread for appetizer but I was afraid I will be full enough to eat my order.

Finally, the waiter placed our orders on the table and they are just too pretty to eat!

Fish with Mountain Rice was the Meal of the Day

Only the freshest ingredients!

Meatball Spaghetti -- I was so happy with my order because the serving was huge, the sauce
was perfect and had generous amount of yummy meatballs underneath the fresh tomatoes.

People may say that the meals here are a bit overpriced but I think its all worth it. The ambiance is so romantic (reminds me of Sonya's Garden in Tagaytay City) and our meals were very good, healthy and delicious. Besides, its not like we're going here on a regular basis.

But wait, that seems to be a great idea, right?

~o~o~o~

Cafe by the Ruins
23 Chuntug Street
Baguio City, Philippines
Tel.: (074) 442-4010

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...