Monday, June 6, 2011

Food Trip in KL

After three days in Cambodia, we went back to Malaysia to spend a night before heading back home.

Dubbed as the fastest way to go to KL Sentral from the airport, we decided to try out KLIA Ekspress, a premium non-stop high-speed train service that connects Kuala Lumpur International Airport and the city center for MYR15.00 only.  While the bus ride takes about an hour to get to Sentral, KLIA Ekspress only takes 28 minutes to get there (though you have to take a bus to go the train station which is 10 minutes more).



Cruising at 160km/hr max

Comfort and reliability is what you paid for.

After checking in at Hotel Sentral Pudu, we walked back to Berjaya Times Square to grab lunch. We thought about the last time we where here and remembered the food court which serves vegetarian dishes. So we asked the concierge for its current location and was instructed to go one floor down.

It was already renovated but occupied a much smaller venue. We went inside, deposited around MYR50.00 for a debit card (which is refundable if unused) and feast our eyes with the different Asian dishes right before us.

DB had the vegetarian meal

Vegetarian hotdog

I had Tom Yum which was too spicy, I forgot to tell the cook to be gentle with my taste buds.

With no particular plan in mind, DB and I bought train tickets to Bukit Bintang where most of the malls and shops are located. We strolled in Lot 10 and Sungei Wang Plaza for about 30 minutes then DB got tired and so we looked for a place to sit down. We passed by Esquire Kitchen and I saw these yummy looking pastries.

How can I resist this? I can't make up my mind which one to order so I just got both. I really have low EQ when it comes to food. *sigh*

Chicken Puff and Siu Bao (Minced Pork)

DB had this sticky rice balls with ginger syrup. Not my type, I only
like ginger in my main course but not in desserts.


I wish we can do this more often.

~o~o~o~

Taste of Asia Food Court
LG-23, Lower Ground Floor
Berjaya Times Square
1 Jalan Imbi, 55100
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Esquire Kitchen
Sungei Wang Plaza
Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1 comment:

  1. You enjoy the real gastronomy in KL:) informative blog for foodie and the like:)

    Sunny
    your new follower hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...