Friday, April 29, 2011

Dinner at Maru

DB:  What do you want to eat?
Me:  I want to go back to Shabu Yaki.
DB:  Are you serious? Its summer and you want hotpot?
Me:  Why not?
DB:  Think of something else.

In short, I didn't win.  Being the DB that he is, he still brought me to a Korean Restaurant but with high ceiling and ample air conditioning in case I still wanted to have hotpot. I did not realize its been a long time since we dined at Maru (read my first post about it here).

We started off with appetizers, though I was quite disappointed they did not have the sweet baby potatoes that I like that night.

Spicy zucchini

Radish

Kimchi

Pork innards

Sweet peanuts

Bean sprouts

Another set of kimchi

Spinach

We ordered the more famous Korean dishes as the main course -- Yukhoe Bibimbap and Bulgogi.

Yukhoe Bibimbap (Hoe is Korean for raw dish)

Served with raw beef, bean sprouts, spinach, gim (Korean style edible seaweed) and other
seasoned vegetables I am not familiar.  The chili pepper paste is served separately
so you can manage how spicy you want your Bibimbap to be.

Bulgogi.  Thinly sliced sirloin marinated in soy sauce, olive oil, garlic,
sesame seeds and a dash of sugar.  So flavorful!

Jal Meogeosseumnida! (English translation: It was a great meal!)

~o~o~o~

Maru Korean Restaurant 
HK Sun Plaza
Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City
Philippines
Tel.: (632) 391-3034

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...